Due Wednesday, September 17:
- Reading guide questions for Blink, Chapter Two, section 2, "The Storytelling Problem"
Due Monday, September 15:
- Reading guide questions for Blink, Chapter Two, on "priming," pages 56-57
Due Thursday, September 11:
- Thank you all for all the hard work you did in class revising your writing to give text evidence as to why Bill and Sue will or will not be celebrating their 50th anniversary.
- For Thursday,complete the reading guide questions as you read Blink, Ch. Two, pages 48-52. Completing them as you read will help you to retain the information. The handout is attached below.
Due Friday, September 5:
Due Friday, August 29:
- Blink, Chapter One -- Finish reading and annotate pages 27-30, and answer the two short response questions that ask you to apply what you've learned about Gottman's findings and evaluate Gladwell's use of dashes to make meaning. If you're unsure about how dashes work, check out the link above. See the link below for the Ch. 1 questions for pages 18-30.
Due Wednesday, August 27:
- Both Mrs. Louella Bates Washington Jones and Roger make decisions in Langston Hughes' story "Thank You Ma'am." Reread and annotate the story to identify their decisions and how you think each decision was made. Make the connection to the "at a glance" decisions made in pages 4-8 of Blink's introduction. Begin with Roger's choice to steal the woman's purse.
Due Monday, August 26:
- Read and annotate pages 4-8 in the Introduction of Blink about the "at a glance" method of making a decision. You will be asked to discuss the author's main ideas and details in class discussion.
- Return signed class description and standards.
- Return signed outside reading form.
- Email me from your new Google account.
- Take the Harvard survey that measures racial bias and print out a copy of your results to use first thing Monday morning. Here's the link: