"My task is to make you hear, to make you feel, and, above all, to make you see. That is all, and it is everything." Joseph Conrad
Current Homework and Projects
Due Friday, August 29:
Due Wednesday, August 27:
- Both Mrs. Louella Bates Washington Jones and Roger make decisions in Langston Hughes' story "Thank You Ma'am." Reread and annotate the story to identify their decisions and how you think each decision was made. Make the connection to the "at a glance" decisions made in pages 4-8 of Blink's introduction. Begin with Roger's choice to steal the woman's purse.
Due Monday, August 26:
- Read and annotate pages 4-8 in the Introduction of Blink about the "at a glance" method of making a decision. You will be asked to discuss the author's main ideas and details in class discussion.
- Return signed class description and standards.
- Return signed outside reading form.
- Email me from your new Google account.
- Take the Harvard survey that measures racial bias and print out a copy of your results to use first thing Monday morning. Here's the link:
Students and Parents...
Please make sure that you are clear about the the school policies and standards for my class. Below you will find necessary documents and links.