I look forward to an exciting new semester of geography. The semester course will include five units of study. The first unit introduces key concepts that will guide students through the study of the regional units. In each unit, students will learn about the region's geography, history and traditions,economics and daily life, as well as the role of the religion in the world today.
Homework 3/7 and 10
1. complete ch 15 worksheet 2. Map quiz East Asia Physical pg. 324 and Political pg. 321
support 3/13 and 14 Test corrections ch 3-6 1 point for every 4 corrections bring your textbook
Homework 3/5 and 6
1. Read Ch.15 2. Complete Map of E. Asia
Homework 2/27 and 28
1. Current Event due 3/3 and 4 2. unit Test 3/5 and 6
Homework 2/25 and 26
1. CH. 6 Read and Worksheet 2. Current Event Africa (see attached)
1. Quiz Africa Map (Physical and Political)review game website http://lizardpoint.com/geography/africa-quiz.php 2. Color Map pg. 99 (Scramble for Africa) 3. Paragraph Writing Ch.4.3 Evaluate the Causes and Effects of the Atlantic Slave Trade -How was the need for labor in the Americas related to the slave trade -Explain how slavery disrupted traditional patterns of life in some parts of Africa.
Homework 2/10 and 11
1. Read ch. 4 2. Complete ch 4 worksheet
Support - Please make-up ch. 1 and 2 test by Wed.
Homework 2/6 and 7
1. Read ch 3 2. Complete the Map of Africa Political pg 57 label all countries (do not color) Physical pg 62 label all landforms and water key and color elevations 3. complete Ch. 3 worksheet
Homework 2/4 and 5
1. Test ch. 1 and 2 2. Homework Packet due at the beginning of class Ch 1 and 2 main ideas worksheet Notes, classwork, teamwork
Support review on Thursday and Friday (oops, Thurs is late start. I will still do a review during 0 period)
1. Complete Ch. 2 worksheet
1. Read Ch 2 2. Complete Ch. 1 Worksheet 3. Prepare for open note quiz ch. 1
1. Read ch 1 2. Guidelines signed and returned 3. Please bring covered text (World Cultures) to class everyday