eNews General Information
This page explains how to submit an article to the eNews. For information on advertising in the AHSPFC eNews, please visit our advertising page.
The mission of the AHSPFC eNews is to inform Agoura High School parents and families of school news, volunteer opportunities, and other information they need in order for their children to have the best possible high school experience. We are unable to publish information that is not directly related to our mission.
All postings will go out in the weekly eNews, which will be scheduled to go out over the weekend. The deadline for submissions is Thursdays at 12 noon (subject to change during school breaks and holidays). Posting requests may be submitted to the Corresponding Secretary at nminicozzi (at) ahspfc (dot) com.
The calendar notes at the bottom of the eNews will include dates taken from the calendar on the school website. In most cases, they will contain dates from Monday - Sunday. If a PFC or booster event does not appear on the school website calendar, we may not be aware of it, therefore, please make sure that as soon as your event date is set, you send a request to have it added to the school calendar. PFC events may be added by the Corresponding Secretary. Other booster events may be added by Janice Cohen or Diane Quinn.
On Tuesdays we send out the Student Bulletin. This gives parents the information that is read out to students over the school's PA system. These bulletins are generated by Janice Cohen in the AAC, and they should not be considered as a vehicle to send out information for PFC committees or any booster clubs. The exception would be if there is a last minute schedule change regarding an event that has already been posted in the weekly eNews message. Revised information for this posting needs to be sent to Penny Sylvester at ripley (at) earthlink (dot) net by 12 noon on Mondays.
eNews Submission Guidelines
If you would like to post something in AHSPFC eNews, please follow the submission guidelines below.
Here is an example of an excellent message we received. The bold face type was added by the PFC:
- Keep in mind the intended audience of the eNews. The messages we send out are for parents, not students.
- The AHSPFC eNews publicizes events run by parents, booster clubs, and the community. We are unable to publicize events run by individual teams. ASB events may be publicized if families and/or the general public are invited to participate. Most ASB and all individual team-sponsored events should be publicized in the student bulletin (contact the AAC for more information); this information will be seen by our families when the student bulletin is sent out on Tuesdays.
- Include all essential information about your news item, but nothing extra. Tell our parents who, what, where, when, and how much it's going to cost. If necessary, briefly explain why and how. Keep in mind that the eNews can get quite long, so brevity is essential. Long paragraphs explaining or promoting your event will be cut to save space. If you need to post more information than we have room for, we would be happy to link to your website where additional information is posted.
- Please do not ask the PFC to write your message for you; send it as you would like it to appear, but understand that some editing may be required.
- Do not format your message in any way. If you would like a portion of your message to stand out, please do not write it in all capital letters when you submit your request. Let us know and we will put it in boldface or larger type. Use this sparingly. If an entire message is in bold, nothing stands out.
- Provide contact information (a weblink, email address, and/or phone) for people to use if they would like to learn more.
- Remember we cannot send out attachments. If there is a form or other information that parents are required to download, please post it on your website first, and include a link to the item in your submission. PFC forms may be attached to the submission request for uploading to the PFC website by the Corresponding Secretary.
- All postings are subject to approval.
- Most events may be publicized a maximum of twice prior to the event, whether the articles run consecutively or not.The PFC president(s) and/or corresponding secretary may choose to make exceptions to this policy on a case-by-case basis or when requested by school administrative staff.
Agoura High Theater Arts Boosters (TAB) presents Cabaret Night "Vintage Vaudeville!" on Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 7 PM in the G Building. Come enjoy rousing musical numbers, torch singers, comedy routines, and more, all performed by AHS students.
Admission is $10 for adults and $8 for students.
Drama Club is sponsoring a food drive for Manna, a food bank that provides essentials to those in need in the Conejo Valley. Please bring any of the following to the show: canned fruit and vegetables, cereal, canned meat and fish, a small bottle of vegetable oil, or peanut butter. Thank you for your support!
For more information, please visit the TAB website. (There was a link in the actual article when it appeared.)
Website Posting Guidelines
If your booster club would like to have information posted on the home page of AHS website, please submit your requests to Diane Quinn. She will obtain approval from Principal Larry Misel before posting.
Information updates for the PFC section of the website are also essential. It is important for parents to find new and current information when they check the PFC section. Please send your submissions to the Corresponding Secretary.