LAS VIRGENES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
AGOURA HIGH SCHOOL
CLEARANCE FORMS and INFORMATION
Due to changes in CIF rules, in an effort to fully protect all athletes and coaches ALL ATHLETIC PACKETS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED FOR CLEARANCE PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION, INCLUDING SUMMER PROGRAMS AND TRYOUTS.
ALL ATHLETIC CLEARANCE PACKETS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN
FRIDAY, JUNE 15TH, 2012 AT NOON.
Your participation in the sport may be delayed if forms are returned after the deadline.
• A physical is required to participate in sports. A physical is good for one calendar year from the date of the exam. The physical date must cover the athlete through the season of sport including the CIF playoffs. If not, the athlete will need to schedule a new exam before the season begins. Example: an exam given on 6/13/12 is valid through 6/13/13; this is why we are requesting that ALL athletes obtain their athletic clearances in the end of May or June.
• Agoura High School has scheduled physicals to be done at the Wellnessmart, M.D. on Saturday and Sunday, May 19th, May 20th, and Saturday and Sunday, June 2nd and June 3rd (see attached schedule).
• Clearance will be granted on site on the above listed physical dates.
• The Wellnessmart, M.D. physicals are a fundraiser and a portion of the proceeds will benefit AHS Athletics.
California Education Code states that all students who participate in a co-curricular activity must have insurance coverage prior to practice or participation. If students do not have insurance coverage with their family, they may purchase school insurance from Meyers-Stevens (www.myers-stevens.com). Insurance brochures and forms are available in the Activity and Athletic Center or on their website and must be returned with the completed athletic forms for immediate coverage.
AFTER TEAM SELECTION
The cost to participate in athletics at AHS is $150 per sport ($450 annual family maximum) along with Associated Student Body Membership at $65 annually. Our programs are dependent on the generous financial support of our parents. Without your contributions, especially with the current fiscal crisis in education, athletics at Agoura High School could not exist. While no student will be denied the opportunity to participate based upon the inability to contribute to the program, we are requesting the above amounts to help offset the cost of running an athletics program at this school. Your contribution will be used to defray the following expenses:
• Athletic equipment and facility improvements, such as stadium scoreboard and gym floor
• Over $100,000 in costs related to the transportation expenses
• Over $30,000 in official/umpire/referee fees
• Over $20,000 tournament entry fees
• Over $10,000 in costs for safety & first aide equipment & supplies
Benefits of Associated Student Body Membership
• FREE admission into all regular season home games (except CIF playoffs)
NEW FOR THE 2012-2013 SCHOOL YEAR - ADMISSION FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ALL ATHLETIC CONTESTS
• $10 discount on a parking permit
• $10 discount on a yearbook
• $5 discount on select ASB sponsored activities (i.e. Dances, Talent Show, and Lip Sync).
Students interested in playing college sports must be cleared through the NCAA Clearinghouse. Please visit www.eligibilitycenter.org for more information.
For further information regarding the clearance process you may contact
or the Activities and Athletic Center at (818) 889-1262 Ext. 231, 349 or 350.
The Athletic Packet contains the following forms for your information only:
A. Code of Conduct Contract
B. Code of Conduct (Part 2)
C. Drug Testing Policy
D. Drug Testing Policy (Part 2)
2012 Athletic Information Link
The following forms are to be completed, printed and submitted to the AAC for clearance:
1. Activity/Athletic Certificate
2. Health History
3. Consent to Test Form - Drug Policy
4. Code of Conduct - Signature Form
5. Athlete's Code of Ethics - Signature Form
6. Voluntary Participation Form - Assumption of Risk
7. Emergency Cards - (2) (A new card must be submitted for each sport. Cards cannot be transferred from one sport to another). Please print a separate card for each sport.