AGOURA HIGH SCHOOL
DRESS CODE POLICY
It is our philosophy at Agoura High School for our students to strive for success in all areas: academics, behavior, and how they present themselves. We are highly recommending that our students come to school appropriately dressed to create an environment that is conducive to learning. Remember–the wearing of clothing that exposes one’s undergarments or is unduly revealing can be distracting to the educational environment.
If a student’s general attire or appearance represents a danger to his/her health or welfare, or attracts undue attention to the extent that it becomes a disruptive factor on the school, the student will be asked to make necessary changes. Repeated infractions will be subject to discipline.
- Students will follow all school rules governing safety in programs that may require the wearing of protective clothing, safety glasses, proper foot protection or other requirements.
- Clothing which feature offensive and/or vulgar words, pictures, or drawings or phrases of a sexual nature or that have derogatory language regarding a person’s ethnic background, national origin, religious belief, sexual orientation, or disability is not permitted.
- Clothing which represents any group, gang, organization or philosophy, which advocates violence or disruption is not permitted.
- Clothing which features alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs is not permitted.
- The wearing of clothing which is unduly revealing, which includes exposing of chest, midriff, back or undergarments. Boys pants must not sag to show underwear.