FAMILY CONNECTION BY NAVIANCE
We invite you to explore Family Connection by NAVIANCE, our website that allows students and parents to investigate, research, track, and plan for the college admission process. There is an abundance of information that will prove to be quite useful. Information is updated on a regular basis to keep students and parents informed about up-coming meetings and events, college admissions visits, scholarship opportunities, and other Web resources for college and career information. It is never too early to start using this site. Freshman and sophomores are encouraged to start the process early. Juniors and Seniors will be using this site to develop a game plan for achieving goals after graduation.
To begin using Agoura High School's Family Connection, go to:
Note: When you log in to the web address in the future, your user name is your e-mail address and your password is the one you established when registering. If you change your e-mail address at any point, remember to update it in Family Connection.
The welcome page will appear when your registration is accepted. Announcements and other important information will be posted on the Welcome Page. Check it often!
There are a few sections which we urge you to become familiar with:
These are sections you might find useful, depending on your grade level:
- My Profile "“ Includes basic biographical data and grade point averages
- My Game Plan - Juniors and Seniors can answer a series of questions designed to help develop a game plan for achieving goals after graduation
- My Resume - Complete this resume with information about your accomplishments and talents - never too early to start
- My Colleges - "Colleges I'm Thinking About" helps to keep track of your interests and the status of your application under "Colleges to which I'm Applying"
- My Journal - Excellent place to chronicle thoughts and questions
- My Personality Type - Take the "Do What You Are" Personality Test and find career options based on your personality type
- My Account - If you would like to change your password, you can do it here.
- College Search - Students enter criteria for their desired types of schools and generate a list of schools which meet these criteria. A student can then follow links to general information about a college as well as to an individual college's web page for deeper investigation
- College Lookup - Start here to research a specific college. We recommend that students visit the college's individual website for the most up-to-date information. There is a direct link to the website on each college's NAVIANCE homepage.
- Visit Schedule - See the schedule of College Visits to Agoura High School
- Scholarship List - Click here for a listing of scholarships. Many of these scholarships are from local, community, or state organizations
- Scholarship Match - Based on information in your profile, your resume, or your game plan, scholarships are matched with your qualifications. The more information you can complete in Family Connection, the better the matches
- Explore Careers - A database of job descriptions and related college majors
- Explore Interests - A tool that can help you discover the types of work activities and careers that match your interests.
THIS IS JUST AN INTRODUCTION TO SEVERAL OF THE USEFUL FEATURES OF NAVIANCE. WE HOPE THAT THEY WILL BE HELPFUL. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TAKE A LOOK AT THE MENU AND EXPLORE ALL THE OTHER OPTIONS NAVIANCE HAS TO OFFER.