Honors/Accelerated Course Waiver Procedure
Grades 10, 11, 12
Students who have not met the prerequisites for Honors classes for
grades 10, 11, or 12 may qualify for an automatic approval of a request
to waive into such course provided that:
NOTE: Scores on the exam will not preclude a student's waiver request
from being approved. Placement exam schedule is available in the
counseling office in the spring.
- The student requesting the waiver has achieved grades of "A" in
both semesters of their current year placement in the subject area of
the waiver request.
- The waiver request form is submitted to the Counseling Office no
later than May 19, 2008.
- The placement exam of departments requiring such an exam is taken
in the spring preceding the submission of the waiver.
- Sign up for placement exams in spring (Exam schedule available in
- Submit waiver request with verification of grades in 1st semester
the 15 week mark of second semester by May 19, 2008.
Students who wish to appeal their placement despite non-fulfillment of
the "A" grade requirement in current placement may submit a waiver
request. All such waivers will be reviewed by the school's
placement committee and handled on a case by case basis. Students
will be advised of the committee's decision in July. Approval of
waivers is contingent upon space availability.
- Fill out a waiver request and submit to the panel no later than
- Attach any appropriate supporting data which demonstrates the
of the applicant to succeed at an honors level. Such data may
include examples of student work, test scores and teacher
- If a student's grade drops after the 15-week grade, a
an acceptance will be made.
You may appeal the decision of the school's placement committee to the
Assistant Superintendent, Educational Services. Appeals must be
submitted by June 16, 2008.