Accepted January 2007
All papers must be submitted electronically using the commercial
- The English teacher will assign a due date for each assignment to
be submitted on turnitin.com.
- The student will have forty-eight (48) hours prior to the due
date to submit his or her assignment on turnitin.com.
- The student will have the opportunity, during the forty-eight
hour period, to revise his or her assignment and resubmit it on
- On the due date at the beginning of class, the student will be
responsible for handing in a hard copy of the assignment as submitted
on turnitin.com to his or her English teacher. Additionally, the
assignment must be posted on turnitin.com at that time or it will be
- No final assignment will be accepted and/or graded until after
the text is submitted to turnitin.com.
This will not cost you any money, and your email address will not be
used for any purpose other than communications associated with your
You should register at the site during the first week of class.
In case you
have trouble (unlikely) with your registration, you’ll have time to get
help before the first paper is due. You may be able to register
classroom if you’re uncomfortable doing this at home.
Here’s the procedure:
1. Logon to www.turnitin.com
2. If you don’t have an account from last year, click on Create a
user profile in the upper right-hand corner. To register, please
use your real name and the following
information which you will get from your English teacher:
Record your Personal Password = __________________ (must include
at least 2 letters and a number).
- Class Name:
- Class ID Number:
- Class Password:
Use your real name on this website, not a pseudonym. Pseudonyms
make finding papers very difficult for your instructor.
Once you have added your English class, you can submit a paper if
it’s in the proper format. The site accepts the following
formats: Microsoft Word (.doc - not Microsoft Works), WordPerfect
(.wpd), Rich Text Format (.rtf), PostScript, Adobe Acrobat (.pdf), and
HyperText Mark-up Language (.html or .htm).
If you do not use one of the accepted word processor formats, you must:
- Click on the submit button next to the desired
assignment on your class page.
- Select “file upload” from the submission pulldown
- Enter the paper’s title, not the name of the
- Click the browse button and locate your paper on
your computer and click on it to highlight it.
- Click on the submit button.
- On the next page displayed you will be asked to
confirm the text of your submission.
- If the text checks out, click
“yes, submit” to finalize your submission. If not, try again!
After submitting each paper you will receive a digital receipt which,
in case of a dispute, is your proof that you submitted the paper.
- click the submit button next to the desired
- Select “cut and paste” from the pulldown menu.
- Enter the paper’s title.
- cut your paper from your word processor screen
and paste it into a text window.