AGOURA HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY
Policies and Procedures
A school librarian is a certificated professional with a Master's
degree in Library Science and a degree and teaching credential in
another discipline. He or she can help with library research,
reading guidance, and writing assignments.
The purpose of the school library:
- To provide material for a variety of
school-related assignments, personal research, and pleasure reading.
- To teach students skills in research,
including both print and technology
- To teach students appropriate behavior in
7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. daily, Monday –
Student identification needed each time:
- Textbooks are checked out for the length of the
- Library books may be renewed after three weeks
- Magazines, audio tapes, records may be renewed after one week
- Reference books, CDs, pamphlets may be checked out for one period
- 10 cents per day for overdue material
- Failure to return or pay for overdue
material will result in report cards and schedules withheld
- Seniors: Diplomas and transcripts will be
held for delinquent material
- Required during class time for research work only.
- Sign register, stamp pass.
- Sit alone in study carrels or ONE per table
- Silent study only.
- Show ID and be prepared to work
- Failure to do so will result in suspension
from library privileges.
BEFORE SCHOOL, NUTRITION, AFTER SCHOOL:
- Check out books
- Clear textbooks
- Quiet study
- Teachers sign up for class research work.
instruction and bibliographies for each assignment will be given by the
- Student behavior and on task time is the
responsibility of the student and teacher.