General rules of respectful behavior apply in Agoura High School
Classrooms. These include the mutually agreed-upon school rules.
- Enter the classroom quietly and be ready to work when the bell
- No packing up prior to two minutes before the end-of-class bell
- No food, beverages (except water), gum or candy are allowed in
- A lecture is a time to listen; a discussion is a time to talk.
- Be courteous, cooperative and polite. Simple respect
between teacher and students will ensure a successful year. All
are expected to be attentive towarde whoever is speaking, to respect
school property and the property of others, and to avoid outbursts or
other forms of classroom disruption. Writing on desks will be
referred to the Assistant Principal
- Be prepared: each student is expected to have necessary paper,
writing implements, and reading material each class period.
ALWAYS brin the book we are reading to class each day. Trips to
lockers will not be allowed, and you will be marked down for not having
- Personal matters (restroom, grooming, other class homework, etc.)
are to be taken care of before or after class. Except in
emergencies, and per Agoura High School "Mutual Agreements," students
will not be relased from class to use the restroom, except during the
- Respect your fellow students and their right to education.
- Please see your teacher about any class issue. Most
problems can be solved or avoided completely by simple
communication. Be smart and ask for the help you need.
Because teachers have varying approaches to instruction
and discipline, individual teachers include other rules and
expectations in the course
description sent home at the beginning of the school year.