English I Fall Final Exam Study Guide
Vocabulary (Lists 1-7)
Grammar (chapters found on the Fall Grammar page):
- Parts of Speech
- Verb Usage
- Pronoun Usage
- Parts of the Sentence
- Italics, Quotation Marks, and Apostrophes
Questions on the Final Exam
1-50 Vocabulary - Select the best definition for
vocabulary words used in context.
51-90 Parts of Speech - Identify the parts of speech
of words used in sentences.
91-97 Verb Usage
- 91-95 Identify the sentence that contains an incorrect past or
- 96-97 Identify the sentences written in passive voice.
98-107 Pronoun Usage - Select the sentence containing an error in
108-135 Parts of the Sentence
- 108-119 Identify the simple subject and simple predicate.
- 120-135 Identify direct objects, indirect objects, predicate
adjectives, and predicate nominatives.
- 136-140 Identify sentence types (declarative, imperative,
interrogative, or exclamatory).
141-155 Punctuation: Italics, Quotation Marks, and Apostrophes -
Find the answer that will correct an error in punctuation.
156-170 Capitalization - Identify words needing capitalization.
171-183 Reading Comprehension - Read a passage and answer